Positive affirmations are all the rage on social media these days and for good reason!
These simple words and phrases have a powerful effect on your mind, body, and soul and they can transform your life.
Here are 60 positive affirmations to transform your life as well as everything you need to know to maximize their effects!!
This post may contain affiliate links. They will be of no extra expense for you, but I receive a small credit. Please see my Disclaimer for more details.
As Ralph Waldo Emerson said, “You are what you think all day long”.
Words are powerful. Every word and phrase you think or say carries a vibration with it which directly impacts you. Every thought you have or say impacts your mood, your self-confidence, your emotions. Some words bring joy, power, and strength and some words rob you of those very things.
That’s why it’s important to be mindful of your word choices and choose ones that bring positivity and wellbeing into your life.
So what’s the solution? Positive affirmations!
Positive affirmations are a wonderful tool to consciously choose the words you tell yourself, focus on what you need to achieve your dreams and goals, and lead a happier, healthier life.
In this post, you’ll learn:
- Definition of positive affirmations
- The science behind positive affirmations
- Benefits of using positive affirmations
- How to effectively practice positive affirmations
- A list of 60 positive affirmations for success
What are positive affirmations
Positive affirmations are positive words and phrases you repeat to yourself. They describe how you want to feel, how you want to be and what you want to have in a way that affirms that it’s already true, or on its way to becoming true.
Do positive affirmations really work?
Have you ever noticed that when you think about a future situation that stresses you, you immediately begin to feel physical changes in your body? Your stomach hurts, your breath quickens, and your heart rate increases.
That’s your brain preparing you to face a perceived danger.
The same thing happens when you think about something positive and uplifting. Physical changes happen in your body based on what you’re thinking.
Furthermore, what you think has a direct impact on your brain and its biochemistry.
Dr. Andrew Newberg, a neuroscientist at Thomas Jefferson University, and Mark Robert Waldman, a communications expert, wrote: “Words Can Change Your Brain.”
Here is an excerpt from the book:
“By holding a positive and optimistic [word] in your mind, you stimulate frontal lobe activity. This area includes specific language centers that connect directly to the motor cortex responsible for moving you into action. And as our research has shown, the longer you concentrate on positive words, the more you begin to affect other areas of the brain.
Functions in the parietal lobe start to change, which changes your perception of yourself and the people you interact with. A positive view of yourself will bias you toward seeing the good in others, whereas a negative self-image will include you toward suspicion and doubt. Over time the structure of your thalamus will also change in response to your conscious words, thoughts, and feelings, and we believe that the thalamic changes affect the way in which you perceive reality.”
“What you think, you become. What you feel, you attract. What you imagine, you create.”– Buddha
Benefits of positive affirmations
There are many benefits to practicing positive affirmations. Here are a few:
Increased energy and motivation
Repeating uplifting and positive affirmations boosts your energy and motivation. They help you work towards your goals and keep your mind focused on what you’d like to achieve.
Being aware of the words you tell yourself increases your mindfulness. When you focus on your affirmations, you get to choose what you think about. You are more intentional with your thoughts and spend more time in the present.
Increased sense of overall wellbeing
Studies have shown that people who practice positive affirmations are happier, more optimistic, and lead healthier lives.
Thinking positive thoughts leads to positive emotions which produces “feel-good” hormones in your brain and body.
Gratitude and perspective
Focusing on positive thoughts helps you put the little things in perspective. You are more grateful and see the changes that happen that you wouldn’t have noticed before.
How to effectively practice positive affirmations
Create a list of affirmations specific to your situation
Think about the things you want to accomplish and feel. Be specific and go into detail about what your goal looks like. Then choose 3 – 5 affirmations that feel right and that will bring you closer to your goals. No need to go overboard and create a huge list! Be realistic and make sure your goals are achievable. If you want to lose weight, for example, don’t set a goal of losing 50 pounds in a week. Focus on your body, what you feed it and how you want to feel.
If you’re looking for inspiration, check out the list of affirmations below!
Positive affirmations need to be, well positive
This sounds like a given but a lot of people include negative words in their affirmations, words like “don’t”, “can’t”, “won’t”. These need to be banished from your affirmations! Your brain doesn’t know the difference between a positive or a negative word. It will focus on all of the words you speak.
Positive affirmations are statements of truth
To reap the most benefits from positive affirmations, you need to speak them as if what you’re saying is already true. Don’t include words like “might”, “maybe”, or “could”.
Positive affirmations are spoken in the present tense
Speak them as though they are happening right now instead of in the future. Don’t say “I will lose weight”. Instead, say “I am healthy and fit”. Focus on your end result and speak your affirmation as if it were true right now.
Repetition is key
Once you have your list of affirmations, repeat them every day. Every time you do this, you strengthen the neural connections your brain is making. Pick a time that is convenient for you (while you’re brushing your teeth, eating your breakfast, on your commute to work…), and set a routine.
You can choose to say them out loud in front of your mirror, you can write them down and read them or you can record yourself and listen to them. Whatever works best for you!
It will feel awkward at first
It’s normal to feel awkward repeating things in front of the mirror but it doesn’t get easier with time! Don’t change your affirmations to make you feel less uncomfortable but stick with your phrases for a while. Remember, practice makes progress!
Pair positive affirmations with other goal-setting techniques
Positive affirmations worked really well when paired with other techniques, such as visualization. When picturing the changes you’d like to see happen, recite the words that go with it.
Check out my post on How to use visualization techniques for success to learn more about visualization.
60 positive affirmations to transform your life
Here are 60 positive affirmations you can use to transform different areas of your life!
Positive affirmations for happiness
- I deserve to be happy today and every day
- I commit myself to live a happy life
- I feel happiness and satisfaction right now
- I wake up every morning feeling happy and enthusiastic about my life
- I find happiness in the small things in life
- My heart is filled with joy and happiness
- I am a joyous and happy person
- I accept and invite happiness into my life
- I am worthy of being happy
- I give myself permission to be happy
Positive affirmations for love and relationships
- I attract loving and caring people into my life
- My partner brings me joy and love every day
- I deserve to love and get it in abundance
- I open my heart to love
- I am surrounded by love
- Life is full of love and I see it wherever I go
- Love flows from within me
- My relationship is strong and loving
- Everything about me attracts my soul mate
- I love my partner and I love myself
Positive affirmations for confidence
- I can accomplish anything I set my mind to
- I have absolute trust in myself
- I am powerful, confident, and strong
- I believe in myself completely
- I am capable of handling any situation
- I am in full control fo my life
- I am confident, smart, and able
- I embrace my individuality
- I respect my limitations and I am grateful for the capabilities I do have
- My self-esteem is growing every day
Positive affirmations for self-love
- I love every aspect of myself
- I respect myself
- I am proud of myself
- I accept myself for who I am
- I am unique
- I feel good about being myself
- I am beautiful inside and out
- I view myself with kindness
- I have enough, I do enough, I am enough
- I approve of myself
Positive affirmations for health
- My body radiates health and energy
- I fill my body with healthy, nutritious food
- I exercise every day and love it
- Every cell in my body is healthy and alive
- I am pain-free
- I send love and healing to every organ, bone, and muscle in my body
- My immune system is healthy and strong
- I choose health and wellbeing because I’m worth it
- I look and feel youthful
- I am healthy and whole
Positive affirmations for work
- I am successful
- I have my dream job
- I attract great opportunities
- My job brings me joy and satisfaction
- My boss recognizes and values my work
- I love going to work every day
- My skills are valued
- I give my absolute best in everything I do
- I am focused on getting great results
- My career is a huge success
There you have it, 60 powerful positive affirmations to transform your life!
Positive affirmations are a powerful tool that you can easily use every day. Take 5 minutes a day and use them to bring more happiness, success, and joy into your life!
The more you practice, the easier it becomes, and the better you feel about yourself!
Are you ready to take the leap and try it? Let me know in the comments what affirmations you use!
Till next time,